Friday, October 29, 2004

And it just gets better and better...

So a couple weeks ago, my car was keyed because we park the car right outside York on a side street, which is fairly close to Jane and Finch. Apparently ppl think it's a great past-time to ruin other people's cars. Anyway, yesterday, I get to my car around 1am, and what do you stinking know, both my right tires have been slashed. Unbeeeeeeeelivable. Inconceeeeivable! (ahahaha, Princess Bride). But really, I was quite upset. My car has a spare, but no jack. The gas station that was a second away had no jack. No one pulling into the station had a jack for a while, but we finally found someone who did. Hah, then we couldn't check the tire pressure on the spare, so that was great. Oh, but this is all as we're thinking that only the back tire is punctured. We get it fixed, thanks to Andrew and Melissa (I will always and forever love chivalrous guys and handy girls!) and I drop them off. As I'm nearing my house, I realize that my car is VERY slanted, and that my front tire is now also flat. I pull into the driveway, and sure enough, totally deflated. Craziness. At this point, I'm quite upset, especially because I'm really tired. In addition, I have now drive from Jane to Kipling on a flat tire which is VERY unhealthy for my car, I'm sure. So yep, there ya go, I'm not very impressed with the hoodlums around York at this point. Sigh. What things like this always teach me is grace. Beyond anything, if there were some way to track down whoever did this and punish them, I would love to. In my mind, I'm upset enough to think they really don't deserve to go to Heaven. But that's when grace comes in. No one really deserves to go to Heaven, and I have to admit, that if this hoodlum person made a genuine decision to follow Christ, I'd be seeing them in Heaven. It seems so unfair to me. And yet, that's because my love is limited. I really can't love this stupid stupid STUPID person right now.

In more exciting news, I actually got to my car late because we had gone in someone else's car to Guelph, to see the I Agree with Graydon presentation. It was pretty good. I think there were around 400 people that came out, and Graydon spoke about his beliefs. There were some people dressed as Satan in the crowd, and others carrying signs that said "Hell no" (in response to the question "Do you agree with Graydon?"). It was an interesting mix, and they had a question/answer period after where a lot of interesting issues were raised. What annoys me to no end is people who take verses in the Bible out of context, however. ANNOYING ANNOYING ANNOYING! But yeah, overall, a well-executed event.

Blond moment of the week: I see some people on their bikes and think back to my recent bike-riding experience, where one leg of my pants kept getting dirty while cycling. I ask my sister, "Hey, why is it that only ONE pant leg gets dirty when you cycle?" She responds, "Was it the RIGHT pant leg?" I'm surprised she knows. Then it dawns on my. Duh. Chains are only on one side of the bike. Sigh.

No comments: