Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Harvesting with a few labourers

I just got an e-mail update from my friend who is doing global aid stuff in a closed country in Asia. He may be pulled out come October if other people don't volunteer to go. As I was praying about it, I remembered this verse, one of my favorites and one I think we don't pray enough: "The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field." -Matthew 9:38. I remember praying for more workers in the harvest field every night at 9:38pm while I was on my missions trip in East Asia, and it was so inspiring to think about all the workers that were in the field at that point. Whenever I think about this though, I just start thinking, "When, Lord, when?" When will I see Revelations 7:9???

No comments: